Access the Nation’s Best Source for Weather and Environmental Data for Academic and Research Purposes
As a Public Benefit Corporation (PBC) and a B-Corp, Synoptic is committed to providing researchers and academic institutions with unrestricted access to our aggregated weather and environmental data. Our goal is to support the advancement of knowledge in Earth systems for new generations of scientists and researchers.
Introducing the Synoptic Weather API
Leverage our comprehensive repository of geophysical data sets for your academic or research projects. Our API offers access to real-time and historical weather data to support a wide variety of scientific and research-oriented projects.
- Request-based RESTful API.
- Versatile data outputs: JSON, geoJSON, CSV, and XML formats.
- Specialized services and parameters for expedited access to critical weather data.
- Integrated quality control mechanisms to ensure the accuracy of the data.
- User-friendly control panel for monitoring usage and managing access permissions.
- Seamless integration support through CORS and JSONP.
- Proprietary data access options and unlimited concurrent requests available for enterprise customers.
Our API offers access to over 160 weather and atmospheric parameters, empowering you to make well-informed decisions and gain a deeper understanding of imminent weather risks. Explore the full list of parameters available here.
What makes Synoptic different?
Join the Synoptic Data Network!
Do you operate a weather or other geophysical observation network? Do you want your data to be accessed by new and varied users? We’re rapidly expanding our catalog of data sets and we’d like you to join our network!