API-based access to millions of geophysical observations
Anyone can get access to up-to-the-minute data from tens of thousands of observing sites, all easily accessible through the Synoptic API (SYNAPI). Using SYNAPI and its toolkit is free - simply become a Registered User and we provide you with a private API key for your use.
Public domain data is immediately available for your use in testing and development. We have a generous free tier of usage, and if your usage grows beyond that, we’ll work with you to set up a subscriber service package customized to meet the growing needs of your users.
FUTURE SYNAPI FEATURES
- improved licensing, data rights management,
and quality control
- improved data and metadata uploading,
editing, and viewing
- sensor network management services
- collection and management of data user fees
- support for customized alerting and reporting algorithms
- observation and sensor assessment
Sign up for the free Synoptic API.
You'll get a private API key and access to the SYNAPI toolkit.
We respect your privacy.